Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Morning Thoughts-Wish I had Thought Them Sooner


Ever since reading Julia Cameron’s The Right to Write, I have tried to vein to complete Morning Pages. Sounds easy enough, wake up 15 minutes early and write whatever comes to mind. I’ve tried for a year now to complete these seemingly dauntless pages, but I have very little to show for all the effort.

This week the answer came to me. Morning Thoughts.

I’m a snooze bar hitter. Oh yeah, like 4 or 5 times every morning. I relish that time between awareness and dream when for a few minutes I can float above reality. I do my best thinking on the flipside of reality, btw. In those snippets of time between alarms, my brain is clear and uninhibited by the day’s stress. Why not plot then?

This week’s little 9 minute (that’s the time between alarms on my clock) plotting sessions have worked me out of some fantastic story jams. I’m telling you, I feel like I’ve chased the rainbow and found the pot of gold! I lie there and think, and think, and then I spring up, full of positive energy, and run for the notebook. It’s incredible!

Try it for a few mornings and let me know what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment