Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Off the Wagon


Two days into the school year and I have already fallen off the wagon. I didn’t write yesterday. I also ate like crap and skipped my run. The worst part is I felt entitled to let my goals slide because I had been so productive in getting other things done.

This makes me think of the glass elevator in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Until Charlie, no one was brave enough to see what the elevator could do. The fear of being “cut to ribbons” held them all back and made settling for only moving up and down and sideways more palatable.

I don’t want to settle. I don’t want palatable.

 I want to break through the glass ceiling and see what the world has to offer.

How about you? Are you ready to put in a good days work and settle for that being enough, or do you want to strive for breaking through the ceiling of what you thought possible and enjoying the view from above?

No comments:

Post a Comment