Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!!



Yea, this is only a small pile of the confetti on my floor by the stoke of midnight.


My husband and son were asleep by ten so I retreated to the bedroom to play on facebook, update my website, send some emails, and watch a great movie. Sounds exciting right. Hey, I'm no spring chicken anymore and the chance to watch "Marnie" alone and uninteruppted was too good to pass up.



As for the resolutions, I only have one. I know I need to lose weight, my house needs a ton of work, and I could go on and on, but listing out all the faults I need to fix only depresses me. I want 1010 to be uplifting. Why start with the negative.



2009 was a good year for me. We replaced the camera my son threw in the trash ( life for me without a camera is no life at all), Scott bought me a laptop (better than winning the lottery), I signed my first novel contract, we had NO emergency trips to the hospital or otherwise, and we are a healthy and happy family. What could be better?



So, for 1010 I have no great expectations. I'll be happy if I can repeat the above again on New Years Eve. The one thing I will strive for is more publications. I'm in the process of entering several contests. Check out WOW, Woman on Writing, and Glimmer Train. Both pay well. And another book wouldn't hurt. Two might even be better.



Whatever your Resolutions are, I wish you luck, sucesses, and many happy returns in 1010!

No comments:

Post a Comment