Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I Don’t Do Recommendations


And most of the time I’m a year behind everyone else’s TBR pile, but in case anyone’s been under a bookcase (instead of rock…it sounded good in my head. Anyway) The Piano Teacher, by Janice Y. K. Lee is a must.

I’m not sure what it is I like so much. To be honest the first few pages had me baffled, but the more I read, the more I fall in love with Lee’s voice. There’s no rhyme or reason to her style, it’s just her thoughts, the way she thought them, put to page and wow, they make for great reading.

Her visions are so clear and concise yet the story is never bogged down with heavy descriptions. At times her mind rambles, but everything she says is like a little nugget of gold that pulls you in, wanting more! Love it!

If you’ve read The Piano Teacher, I would love to hear your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book, Ann. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennie, It's a great read for those 'blocked' moments. I read it and think I would never have thought of that, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete